Behavioral Health Services
Quality Care Services to Help People with Autism Learn More, Live Better
BAYADA’s behavioral health services provides quality, compassionate services for individuals diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Our services enable individuals with autism or intellectual or developmental disabilities to learn, maintain, and improve skills related to communication, socialization, and behavior.
Our behavioral health professionals provide individualized positive behavioral supports to those with autism in the comfort of their own home, community, or school. These services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our goals are to help individuals with autism live safely at home and to participate in their communities with confidence, independence, and success. Our mission is to build a path to the future for our clients and their families.
Proven strategies for success
We are dedicated to serving individuals with autism with the highest quality of care by using strategies and models that are evidence based and clinically accepted best practices. Our professionals constantly strive to ensure we offer the most current, effective techniques, developing strong behavioral foundations, enhancing the ability to learn, and increasing functional independence.
The behavioral health process
Our client care process may include:
- Assessment of current skill functioning by a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst®(BCBA®)
- Treatment plan to define the individualized goals and objectives that are essential to success
- Progress reports to keep your family and insurance up to date on progress as well as make modifications as needed to remain successful
- Functional behavior assessments conducted by a BCBA® to identify when, where, and why a problem behavior occurs and create function-based interventions
- Behavior intervention plans to identify challenging behaviors and detail strategies to decrease and replace those behaviors based on their function
- Applied behavior analysis (ABA) therapy provided 1:1 or in a group setting by a Registered Behavior Technician™ to implement and take data on programs detailed in the treatment plan and behavior intervention plan
- Supervision provided by a BCBA® or BCaBA® to oversee and train behavior Registered Behavior Technicians™ on treatment and behavior intervention plans
- Program updates and modification to track mastered skills, program success, and continuously ensure relevance and progress towards goals
- Electronic data collection for each targeted skill using tablets and specialized software built for maximum efficiency, accuracy, and transparency for families
- Communication between caregivers and BAYADA which is vital to the success of every program
Applied behavior analysis (ABA) - An intensive behavioral intervention
BAYADA offers applied behavior analysis (ABA) as an evidence-based intervention in the reduction of challenging behaviors and the increase of functional skills for individuals with autism spectrum disorders. ABA is an applied science that uses clearly defined procedures to address social, communication, behavioral, and self-help deficits.
BAYADA professionals customize their teaching around several ABA methodologies, including, but not limited to, Pivotal Response Training™ errorless teaching, visual supports, differential reinforcement, discrete trial teaching, and natural environment training. These methodologies have been proven most successful for autism disorders and related learning or social disorders.
Individualized care for your family
Depending on age and ability of each individual, the earliest portions of BAYADA’s autism services focus on developing or improving basic verbal and non-verbal communication as tools for learning readiness, including:
- Participation in daily activities
- Eye contact
- Play skills
- Social engagement
BAYADA’s behavioral health services also target more specialized areas to help individuals with autism reach their maximum potential, including:
- Toilet training
- Feeding concerns
- Gross and fine motor skills
- Sensory issues
- Challenging behaviors
- Daily living skills
Training to support individuals with autism
BAYADA also provides trainings for caregivers, community members, and staff. BAYADA is dedicated to providing learning opportunities online and, in one-on-one and group settings.
How do I get these services for my loved one?
Do you have a medical insurance provider, Medicaid or TriCare? Does your loved one have an ASD diagnosis? It is likely that you are covered for these services. BAYADA will check with your insurance provider to determine your eligibility benefits.
Talk to your primary care physician to learn if ABA therapy is right for you or your loved one. Depending on your payor source, a prescription may be required for an ABA assessment.
If you are not covered, reach out to BAYADA we may be able to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer any questions you may have.