Helping those with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Live More Independently at Home and in their Community
BAYADA Habilitation helps clients with intellectual and developmental disabilities to live safely at home and participate in their communities with comfort, independence, and dignity.
While many of the services we provide involve personal care assistance, what sets BAYADA apart is our focus on community integration. Our approach to habilitation involves teaching clients to do things for themselves and developing an individualized plan to meet those goals.
Our clinical and behavioral services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities include:
Our experts can assist with the acquisition, maintenance, and improvement of the self-help, socialization, and adaptive skills needed to live independently at home and participate in community activities such as shopping, personal banking, and recreation.
Our support services include assistance with activities of daily living such as meal preparation, bathing, and dressing as well as transferring and ambulation. We also monitor health status and physical condition to provide clinical supervision for clients with intensive medical needs.
We can provide periodic relief for the client’s family or primary caregiver tailored to meet the client and caregiver’s needs and routines.
Our commitment to excellence and safety
- Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for community integration, respite, and personal support services
- Fully insured and experienced employees
- RN or qualified developmental disabilities professional (QDDP supervision) on all levels of care
- Performance improvement and quality assurance programs
- Ethics and compliance committees
BAYADA Habilitation is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for community integration, respite, and personal support services. Our fully insured and experienced employees are supervised by an RN clinical manger or a QDDP.
Client-centered plans and individual support plans
- Developed with client, family caregiver, case manager, and care coordinator
- Tailored to meet each client’s unique needs
- Flexible scheduling
- 24/7 support
- Emergency backup for staffing
““BAYADA provides a wonderful service for Christopher. They help him with his activities, including horseback riding, bowling, and getting ready to compete in the Special Olympics. He really enjoys the time and looks forward to it.”
—Viola K., Christopher’s mother